Some Helpful Guidelines For Bike Donations
Donations should meet the following criteria:
- Newer model bikes with all major parts, including two good/straight wheels, handlebars, seat post, cranks and fork. Flat tires are fine.
- Older model bikes that have been stored indoors
- Bike parts with all hardware included
- Bike tools, stands etc
- New parts or components (prefer in the box, include all hardware)
- New bikes
- Bike accessories with hardware
Bikes can be dropped off at our Community Center:
701 E. King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602
Where Your Donation Goes
- Our Earn-a-Bike program, where kids 12 -17 years old learn how to completely overhaul a donated bike, maintain said bike, and learn how to ride it safely. Kids leave with their refurbished bike, a helmet, a lock, a t-shirt, valuable STEM skills, and mounds of confidence!
- Our Bikes for All program, which serves refugees and adults in need of affordable and reliable transportation, but who are too old to qualify for our Earn-a-Bike program.
- Our Spring Bike Fling, where we give away over 200 kids’ bikes to elementary-aged children in the School District of Lancaster.
- Our Shop, where we sell refurbished bikes to fund community programs.
Unfortunately, we cannot take rusted bikes, parts, or components as they can not be used to support our mission. For a fee of $10 per bicycle, we will happily handle the recycling of any unusable bicycles for you.