The Common Wheel needs YOU.
We are community bike shop run by a small team of young, hard-working people. Under the federal tax code, we are a not-for-profit, but we don’t like to talk about what we’re NOT for. Here is what we ARE for:
- We’re for making a positive impact on our community and culture
- We’re for building a kick-ass urban bike community in our special little city
- We’re for helping people realize their dreams on two wheels
- We’re for providing employment training and job opportunities to the underserved youth in our city
- We’re for building awesome bikes, providing impeccable (and friendly) service, and selling great products that improve people’s experiences
- We’re for facilitating all of those small, magical moments that bikes can create
We’ve operated all of our retail and programming out of the same space on the fringe of town for the last 3 ½ years and now we’re expanding to a second location right in the middle of the city’s most well-trafficked shopping block. Our goals with this move are to:
- Divide our programs and sales so that each can flourish
- Broaden our reach and deepen our connections with our customers and community
- Provide a unique, cool experience for the bike-curious and seasoned veterans alike
- Drive additional funds back to our programs
To make our dreams come true, we’re going to need to find a very special person. That person could be YOU. Are you:
- Super friendly and great with people from all walks of life?
- Jazzed about helping people get on their first bike-shop bike?
- Excited to guide the bike-converted into the new era of Adventure Cycling?
- Collaborative and entrepreneurially-minded?
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change and new ideas?
If you just said ‘Yes!’ five times, here’s some other things we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of bicycle sales and service experience w/ management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the bicycle retail industry – particularly the urban, commuting, cargo, and adventure biking niches
- A passion for the outdoors
- Merchandising experience and a desire to cultivate a well-designed space
If this person is sounding more and more like you, here’s an idea of what you’d actually DO:
First, this expansion project is a blank canvas, one that needs you to:
- Assist with design and layout of the new space
- Make final decisions on product lines and order initial inventory
- Schedule and plan special events and workshops
- Collaborate with existing staff to develop our new space in line with our values and programming goals
Once the shop is up and running, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a sales and service bike shop, including staff scheduling and training
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory
- Lead shop planning sessions
- Providing friendly advice and information about the rest of our organization
- Managing and meeting our shop budget goals
- Coordinating and scheduling workshops and information sessions
- Assisting with marketing and communication efforts
And in return for all your awesomeness, here is what we can offer:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Opportunities to learn and grow and have your own unique impact on our organization, our cause, and our community
How to Apply
- Please email a resume and cover letter by Tuesday, December 19th to Chris Caldwell at email@example.com.
- Please write The Common Wheel Shop Manager in the subject line.