Where does your donation go?
- To our Earn-a-Bike program, where kids 12 -17 years old learn how to completely overhaul a donated bike, maintain said bike, and learn how to ride it safely. Kids leave with their refurbished bike, a helmet, a lock, a t-shirt, valuable STEM skills, and mounds of confidence!
- To our Bikes for All program, which serves refugees and adults in need of affordable and reliable transportation, but who are too old to qualify for our Earn-a-Bike program.
- To our Holiday Bike Drive, where we give away over 200 kid’s bikes to children in need, providing parents with a reprieve around the stressful, expensive holidays.
- To our Shop, where we sell refurbished bikes.
What can you donate, and when?
We will take bicycles that are in ridable, and/or nearly ridable condition any time during our open hours. Donated bicycles should meet the criteria listed below.
- Newer model bikes with all major parts, including two good/straight wheels, handlebars, seat post, cranks and fork. Flat tires are fine.
- Older model bikes that have been stored indoors.
- Bike parts with all hardware included.
- Bike tools, stands etc.
- New parts or components (prefer in the box, include all hardware).
- New bikes.
- Bike accessories with hardware.
Unfortunately, we cannot take rusted bikes, parts, or components.
The left column illustrates good condition, while the right shows conditions that are unusable.